- Drop in dates/times To be confirmed
- Starting Nursery – dates and times To be confirmed
- Cool Milk registration form-fill in online
- 30 hours funding- apply immediately and let office know code
Make staff aware of medical issues asthma / allergies
Gate: except for the first day
- Children will be met at the gates and enter the nursery with the nursery staff.
- Children will be dismissed from the same gate.
Please note: If you are late, please take your child around to the office.
Reception and Year 1 children enter this gate after us and the nursery door will be shut.
If your child will not be in school for any reason, please call the office and send in a note on their first day back.
- You would have been allocated either an AM or a PM place.
- AM Session 8.30-11.30
- PM Session 12.30-3.30
- If you are entitled to the 30 hours provision, you need to provide a code to the office and your child will do 8.30-3.30 and stay for lunch.
The first few days….
Be prepared to stay – each child is different and we will discuss with you what is the best way to support your child to settle in – as we get to know them.
Support your child with self registration – coat, bag, and name card
Bring along a book and choose a seat in the classroom - this will be your child’s comfort zone when you leave
Always say goodbye - we will be on hand to distract and support your child
The first few weeks….
Find out – what the children already know and can do
Plan – opportunities to further their development in each area of learning
Observe and assess – continuous process
You will be invited to discuss your child’s progress and transition into Nursery within the first term. There will be opportunities for you to come and spend time in the nursery with your child in the second and third term.
- Uniform- for further details –refer to website – NAME
- Coat - NAME
- Spare clothing – NAME
- Shoes – NO LACES PLEASE - NAME
- Wellington boots – NAME
- NO JEWELLERY - including watches and earrings
- NO NAIL POLISH
- All children are expected to bring a pair of named wellington boots and a named bag with a named change of clothes, which stay in school
- Every day, please send your child with their book bag.
- If your child stays all day, lunch is NOT provided, you will need to provide a packed lunch. There are no facilities for cooking or warming food.
- Nursery staff will stay with the children in Nursery for their lunchtimes.
Communication Between Home & School
- Weekly Newsletter
- Parent mail
- Website, Facebook and Twitter
- Termly Curriculum Plan
- Reading record/Book bag
- Chat during Stay and Play Sessions
- Parent feedback forms.
- 2Simple Reports
Last But Not Least
If you have any concerns…………………..in the first instance, please talk to the Nursery Teacher or Support Staff.
Home-School Liaison Worker – Miss S Whiting
Pastoral Care – Miss M Romeo
EYFS Phase Leader - Mrs C Chaplin
Headteacher – Mrs S Clark
Learning Support Manager - Miss A Ransom
Assistant Headteacher – \Mrs A Argire
Executive Headteacher - Mrs H McClenaghan
We will all be happy to talk to you about any concerns you may have.
Below are a few documents for you to look at before your child starts Nursery.
Click here for Getting Ready for Nursery - Some key skills you can practise together at home
Click here for Potty and Toilet Training Guide
Click here for Potty and Toilet Training: Signs of Readiness Checklist
Click here for our Nursery Toilet Procedure
Click here if your child is not confident in speaking English, it would help them if they were able to recognise the most common words we use in the first few weeks of school.
Click here for a story you can read to your children each day, for the 5 days before they come to school.
It will help them to know what is going to happen, who will be there to greet him, different areas of the classroom and reassures them that you will be there at the end of the day to pick them up and hear all about their day.